Monday, January 31, 2022

Contextual Snippet

While reading 'Children of Men' last night* discovered my own thoughts flowing, simultaneously, in and out of the books prose, like a subterranean spring, occasionally popping above ground, then back below, but ever present...  

It was an interesting sensation, to be aware of my own thoughts - somewhat autonomous, somewhat influenced - and still in the experience of reading a book I thoroughly enjoyed. 

And I realized this has probably  been happening a long time, this simultaneity, but now I've somehow peeled a layer to include awareness of both. 

Similar to seeing 'Murder Alley' Sunday, when w/KB and I were 1 of 4 people in the entire theater. 

I realized as I watched, that not only was I watching the movie, but that I was experiencing it contextually, within the setting of the strangely deserted movie theater, and also in the context of my friendship w/KB, but also in the context of my own current life - all  manifestations of something more integral... 

*great read btw, if you haven't already. And yes they made a movie w/Clive Owens. Also well done - and esp. well cast as nobody does world-weary and disaffected like Clive, but the book! So on the nose as cypher for current events... Hmmm. Maybe I'll just have to write a more extended, stand alone thought on that... 

No comments:

Post a Comment