Thursday, May 10, 2007

Fish Lips



I'm a bass fisherman. Always have been. I relate to bass. They have a short fuse and seemingly aren't afraid to say what's on their mind, with their little fish fins or whatever. Anyhow, I like their attitude.
I was invited to go fly fishing with some clients last week, given that they know my love of fishing. I jumped at the chance, having never fly-fished before and despite the 47 degree Colorado River water, the 50 mph winds whipping through the canyon walls and my lack of experience - I'd say I did pretty well.

But I have to say, fishing for bass vs. fishing for trout are complete opposites of the spectrum. Bass are aggresive and it's a battle of wills. Trout are pussies. In 3 days I managed to somehow land about,..say, 12 trout. In 3 days, I also managed to lose about 47,000 by attempting to set the hook like I would a bass, therefore leaving little tiny remnants of trout lips on the little tiny pussy hook that's meant to catch these sensitive little fish.

Bottom line - Bass are Rott's, and trout are poodles.

In case you were wondering.

1 comment:

  1. I have to ask...

    "battle of wills"?

    Intentional or no?

    ReplyDelete