Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Holga 135











I don't know why, exactly, but I keep hearing the words from that old commercial roll around in my head:

This is your brain.

This is your brain on crack.*
Which has something to do with my purchase of a Holga, and the first few photos taken with it.

Enhancement? Invigoration? None of these words are quite right, but I feel as if I've regained a certain hunger - a desire to savor/taste/devour things with my eyes.

Yay!

Seriously, dudes.


*A catchy enough slogan, I guess, to have embedded a little seedling in my brain, now come to fruition. Both frightening and fascinating.

Being from TV Land, (and therefore lurking in the murky depths of the american collective psyche) I could see this little nugget lifted and re-inserted into a song - a little hook, or recurring rap phrase.

And while Rap is sometimes frowned upon for borrowing or "sampling" pre-existing musical phrases, it occurs to me the Impressionists did the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment