Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Music

It's 4:40 in the a.m. and I've gotten up early to work out.*

The alarm went off at 4:15 and though I turned it off and dozed for a few minutes, I managed to swim up from the depths a few minutes later when a deep, thumping rhythm woke me up.

But what had filtered through my subconscious as the rumblings of a bass-thumping low rider, sliding slow and sinister by, was actually the click and clack of a distant train.

So yeah, I've been sleeping with the windows open , which can get noisy in the evenings, with the ebb and flow of baseball fans parking on the street below or the meanderings of the Job Corp peeps from next door, but the mornings, most recently:
A cool breeze creeps in with the morning light (blue-gray at first, then growing luminescent) as the birds rise, lyrically chirping. They are accompanied briefly by a drunk, warbling in the distance (think Eddy Murphy singing "Roxanne" in 24 hours) but I'm awake and it only adds to the ambiance, so what the hell.
This morning -apparently- it's all about the music.

*And now I've missed my opportunity to work out while waxing poetic. Eh. I'm doing a bike ride tonight and frankly, Gold's Gym, though conveniently close, is starting to wear a little thin. More on this later...

No comments:

Post a Comment