Thursday, October 09, 2014

Hamlet had it wrong

To do

and 

not do;

pretty much the same...


A thought which occurred to me at the bare ass end of meditating this morning. Something I hadn't done in a while.

And while this may seem to be the recipe for antipathy it's actually the opposite.

There is a poem which bespeaks the agony of indecision:



head says stay 
heart says go 






(the town is half a mile away)

Or there's the Clash, in days of yor, ask/singing "should I stay or should I go?"

If I go there will be trouble
And if I stay there will be double.

You get the idea.

But at the heart of the torment is indecision. Once decided, the clouds part, the sun shines forth and everything is illuminated...

Unless, of course, you double back.

***

Poop. I may've bitten off more than I can chew in a pre-work segue.

More later? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment