Thursday, February 16, 2006

Ramblings and Ruminations









(sounds of boots on linoleum and then a door opening)
(the clacking of the keyboard)
(door shuts)

Seal ambles past with a pair of clippers and goes into the bathroom. Earlier he'd said he might give himself a trim and could I help if he screwed up the back?

"Sure," says I, trepidaciously, "It'll be an adventure."

I hear the clippers buzz as my thoughts drift:


Earlier today, during a pause from work (and smoking behind the warehouse), the idea of co-habitating with M had popped into my head.

"Why not?" I'd thought.

But then a life lived by default is hardly worth living - probably why the thought had popped up in the first place - the need to choose.

Currently I go over to M's most every night, but its always a choice. And so, this too, must be a choice.

I ruminate further.




"All right, its ready," says Seal, ending my reverie. He's not only finished with the hair but has cooked up some burgers as well.

We eat them.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:51 AM

    Has M asked for your cohabitation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. Not directly, but by way of inference and in passing. On the other hand, her fear of commitment is even greater than mine, so I took this as a vote of confidence. More fool I?

    ReplyDelete