Sunday, October 08, 2006

Blogging as a metaphor for life?

Haven't heard from anyone lately via email, posted comments, or what have you. I guess I didn't blog for a while and seemed to have lost the thread of connection.

But there's a certain freedom in that.

It would be self-aggrandizing to call this art, yet blogging is a form of self-expression in a public venue. (So blogging is what, artistic? Artsy? Great. Maybe I should just start gluing little shells to paper right now.)

The conundrum is (great word, by the way, "conundrum", sounds like drums beating):

Whether to create for one's self... or to create for one's public?

So, whether to cater to a, primarily, faceless audience or to blog what one truly thinks and feels -that- is the question! (Then again, maybe we should just substitute "live" for "blog" and cut to the chase). The trick, I think, is to act from the heart, without being apologetic -or- defensive. The more direct we are, with others -and- with ourselves the simpler and easier things are.

Yeah, okay, I realize this isn't rocket science, but this is MY blog and if you don't like it you can just go eff youself while being roasted over hot coals... (well, yeah, I guess this could be construed as defensive. Whatever.)

Anywho... inspite of my car being stolen, and a little added in stress in the lives of both M and myself, I truly love being downtown.

Earlier, as the sun set, the buildings, sidelit and framed by telephone poles and light poles and the glitter of broken glass in concrete, the buildings glowed against a darkening sky and it was as if the light came out of them, not just bouncing off of them. They were stoic and majestic and I felt like an explorer in some dark exotic forest, lucky to observe these beings, undisturbed in their natural habitat

And no, I was not on drugs.

Although, now that I think of it, my visual acuity seems to be greater lately. Know what I mean? You just see things you don't normally see, see the transcendant quality in them...

I wonder if this isn't, to a certain extent, a function of stress. I am able to see transcendant beauty because I am more desperately seeking it out? Perhaps, "desperately" isn't the right word. Mabye its "adamant".

Good word, that.

P.S. Speaking of stress, anyone looking to sell a good cheap car?

No comments:

Post a Comment