Sunday, October 05, 2008

I'll tell you how the sun rose...



























I'll tell you how the sun rose, --
A ribbon at a time.
The steeples swam in amethyst,*
To which I might add:

We watched and sipped red wine.

So, yeah, I'm feelin' kinda Dickinson today - not my normal choice of fare, true - but sometimes you just gotta stretch the limits.

Sorta like when Pat Boone put out that Metal album in the late 90's:


(pause)

Well, it's kinda like that.

*"I'll tell you how the sun rose" - Emily Dickinson
pub. 1924
**Photos of the Westward Ho, above, were taken between sips of coffee from the balcony at our "beige condo" in downtown Phoenix, Az.
***The coffee mug was provided by none other than the late, great, Wallace P. Wold - who still lives on in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment