Sunday, March 10, 2013

Time Traveler's Daughter

Dreamt last night I was in Illinois at the house across from my old Jr. High.

Mom wasn't there but my sister was.* Several times, in fact.

Turns out dad'd been some kind of genius hacker in his youth "such a good looking guy he'd just waltz right in wherever and get access,"** planting computer programs in various agencies throughout the Mid-West.

The programs somehow combined to create time travel, as evidenced by the Kid, my sister,  plucked from different periods of her life, and now simultaneously present as:

Infant,
toddler,  
child,
teen-ager  
and adult   
(the latter supervising the others). ***

My father, meanwhile, argued on the phone with himself as a young man, who found the whole thing amusing.

*Interesting since my sister: 1. was never in that house 2. or even ever lived under the same roof as my mom,  coming from my dad's 2nd marriage.
**Told to me by a familiar, adult, comforting presence of whom I now have no recollection.

***Did remind me a bit, of the first time I saw my sister with her own little girl, pictured above, the spitting image of herself from days of yor.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:02 AM

    Butchwoi,
    That was not a dream. You are remembering the past/present/future reality.
    Popi/Little Billy/Wind Warrior

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:25 AM

    I can't believe you are just now finding out about dads machines.

    ReplyDelete