Thursday, December 04, 2014

Just another day

We were walking on a well worn path worn through a grove of large cottonwood trees.

It meandered, the path, curbed by great shaggy trunks and little boulder filled hillocks, with tree roots and cobble stones here and there.

It was beautiful but slow going and I soon decided to fly - glide really - and I pushed forward into the air about chest high, leaving my feet and letting momentum carry me, kind of like skate boarding only not.

You really should learn, I said.

I know, you replied, and at that same moment what we thought had been another hillock started to move just ahead of us.

It was a guinea pig (the size of a VW Bus) and it snuffled once, in gentle exasperation, and then ambled off into the forest.

It was all so normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment