Sunday, November 13, 2011

Satori Memo

Listening to Fat Boy's Gangsta Trippin'* as I write - a classic groove that puts some pep into this old man's step on a rain sodden day such as this.

Did I say old man? Well...

Chronologically speaking, I'm 44, which has it's own connotations, depending on who you are and where you've been.

But the underlying truth is:
I am neither old nor young, but, like everything else under the sun and stars, my little bits swept apart and continually re-shaped by the ethereal and howling winds, am timeless.**
My knees, on the other hand? Did not get the memo.

And a crackily crunch to you Mr. Knees! Is that a good morning I hear?

*Have also been dipping into the blues again lately, including Mr. Mississippi Fred MacDowell, "I do not play no rock and roll" and John Lee Hooker's "Boom Boom" and "One Bourbon, One Scotch, etc." And if you haven't heard the last, done as an ode to recovery, you really should. Highly entertaining.
**All disclaimers by my curmudgeonly progenitor aside!

No comments:

Post a Comment