Sunday, April 09, 2006

Potpourri

Woke up this morning having dreamt that I was being examined by my old boss, Dr. Mackey. (And, no, Neil, she is not a proctocologist.) She was asking if I smoked a lot in the early mornings because I had signs of osteoporosis...

I attribute this in part to a late night conversation with M the night before, which included weight lifting as a means of reinforcing bone density. That and a coupla cigarettes smoked.

The interesting part about the dream was that I was actually being interviewed for Chiropractic School, but for some reason this included a full physical exam. And no, it was't sexual...

So, I logged on yesterday and tried to respond to some of the comments to my
previous blog but couldn't. Some technical difficulty thingey. Whatever.

Yeah, so I was up late playing cards. Okay, I didn't really play cards that late, but then after I got home I couldn't go to sleep. Too much restless enerby. Had played with some friends/clients and in a combination of good luck and misfortune won both tourneys.

Oh, and yes, I am one of those nimrods who enjoy Texas Hold 'em. Did the whole World Poker Tour-aholic thing. (There really should be a whole 12 step program: "Just step away from the TV!")

And while I'm at it, what's up with the whole clean up your house, fix up your house, get into shape, shape up your look, improve your life, your dog, your ass, whatever. Jesus! Here's an idea, instead of sitting on your ass watching people tell you how to do all that, just do it (all references to Nike are purely unintentional, I assure you)

But I digress.
Where was I?

Oh, yes, responding to comments about Lunch with the X:

First thing - to those diehard romantics who think we should get together to rekindle a lost romance: I'm currently in a relationship in which things are going pretty well. (Oh, sure, it could all go down in flames tomorrow, but, in the meantime I kinda look forward to what comes next.)

So there's that. -AND -The X is happily married - has been so for 10 years. I think they just had their anniversary.

Plus there's the whole, "there's a reason we broke up in the first place". And I'm not finger-pointing here, just stating the obvious. I mean, there's a reason we split up, right? Maybe things have changed. Maybe they haven't. Don't get me started.

Eh, more later.

2 comments: