Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Yesterday was my Birthday.

I went to sleep last night laying on top of my bed, clothes still on and a towel across my bare feet for warmth. I like to do this once in a while when I am feeling... undomesticated.
When I woke up around 2:30, the fan was on and it was pretty cold.

I was laying diagonally across the bed so I folded the covers over me from both sides like an enchilada.

Then I pulled out "Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man" from somewhere in the bed and started reading.

Reading Joyce is like thinking your own thoughts, only they're someone else's.

It's 6 a.m. right now. I've just taken a shower and I am not looking forward to going to work.

Yesterday was my birthday.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:44 AM

    sounds lke a lot of melencholoy dude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:23 PM

    I thought the song was "My Melancholy Baby" not melancholy dude... maybe it is melon collie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:51 PM

    Happy Birthday!
    Making a way in the world today takes everything you've got. Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot. Wouldn't you like to get away. Sometimes you gotta go where everybody knows your name...

    ReplyDelete