Thursday, November 24, 2005

About Last Night - Part 1

After trying to pack a week's worth of work into three days, I figured last night, the night before Thanksgiving, was the perfect night to head home, vegetate, and maybe even go to bed early. My buddy, N, thought the same thing. Then he called me:

Him: Hey bud, whatcha doin'?
Me: On the way home after one helluva day.
Him: Pretty bad, hunh?
Me: You know it, brothah.
(pause)
Him: So you probably wouldn't want to have a beer?
Me: Can't. Broke 'til tomorrow. 'Sides, I was gonna just chill tonight.
Him: Yeah, me too.
(slight pause)
Me: Unless, of course, yer buyin'.


Needless to say, we drank ourselves silly, and I am now up at 5:30 a.m., slightly hung over and doing the laundry, dishes and whatever other crap I should've done last night before heading to my mom's place, today.

Nice.

2 comments:

  1. it's kinda funny when you catch yourself immersed in the daily details and private nuances of someone else's life, like i just did with yours. you're easy-to-read, your writing i mean, well crafted. and you've got great taste in cuisine. thanks for the 'kill the last hour at work' entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, at the risk of sounding like a rube, you are the first person outside my circle of friends to respond herein and I'm so beside myself I could just... (insert colorful expletive here)! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    Ahem... (groveling session now over).

    ReplyDelete