Tuesday, March 14, 2006

5 Minute Blog

Fought like cats and dogs with M last night. Okay, that's fairly overused hyperbole, but goddamnit, it felt like that on the inside.
"Under My Skin" a Bob Schneider song, plays in my head.
Did I mention that I am a tad bit sleep deprived? Anywho...

Fought and cried and gnashed our teeth and the making up was as good as it can get.

Okay, there's always room for improvement when it comes to "making up" but it was pretty damned... what? impressive, visceral, transcendant - you fill in the blank.

Damn. My five minutes is up.

By the way, this was my five minute blog.

Did I mention I'm somewhat sleep deprived?

2 comments:

  1. I just can't imagine you guys fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:56 AM

    A good friend in a bad relationship making some hard choices is visiting. Subsequently I’ve been seeing a lot less of Ad-Man. As a substitute for his presence, I’m reading back through the blog. The mouse clicks. Time passes. I truly can’t remember the fight. There are times I’ll say something and I’m unsure if Ad-man will a.) get mad b.) pounce on me c.) get emotional. I believe the fight was a result of my drinking too much and Ad-Man being overtired. I do very clearly remember what followed: Ad-man shows up to give back his key to my place. I’m just happy to see him. That human form we wear like an ill fitting suit slips off. We morph – me into a chimera with three heads and a powerful tail; he into a griffin with an eagle’s beak, talons and powerful wings, fresh from transformation, wet and sticky as if just breaking out of a chrysalis. Or I’m the griffin and he’s the chimera. Never can seem to keep ownership of the parts straight – makes for some entertaining but accurate dirty talk. The wings engulf and the tail binds -- for minutes, hours, days. We eventually disconnect. “Whatchya thinkin’?” Ad-man asks. I arch my back to flick my tail in response…but it is gone. Thinking. I have no frontal lobe activity. I am still in the reptilian brain -- the limbic brain that cares only about the 4 F’s -- fight, flight, feed, and fuck. Slipping back into my ill fitting human suit, I rattle off something about nitric oxide, endothelial receptors, and vasodialation – basically the biochemistry of arousal. I see Ad-man start to fade. I get up and nuke myself some curry.

    ReplyDelete